Choosing a VPN for your laptop is no easy task. There are many things to consider before purchasing your next laptop VPN, including pricing, number of servers, and other such features. Hence, it is helpful to be aware of the various features that a good VPN service provider offers. To make your life easier, we’ve put together a list of things to consider when choosing your VPN.
Below is a list of 10 things to consider when choosing your next laptop VPN. Let’s look at each of the 10 points individually.
- VPN protocols: Do you know what VPN protocols are? A VPN can secure a public network using technologies or tools called VPN protocols. However, an outdated protocol means less security. Hence, it is important to make sure whether or not your laptop VPN has updated VPN protocols. If older versions of VPN protocols are in use, you will need to switch to a VPN that uses the latest protocols.
- Number of servers: It is always wise to choose a VPN with a large number of servers in different locations. Having more servers will help you bypass geographic restrictions when accessing different websites or accessing the Internet from remote locations. A large number of servers also help with web scraping, brand monitoring, digital marketing, remote working, and much more. If you’re looking for a free VPN with 80+ server locations, we recommend Urban VPN.
- The number of simultaneous connections: A VPN that can be used on a maximum of six devices is always a better option. It doesn’t make sense to secure your devices with a VPN and leave your other devices unsecured. Therefore, you should definitely not buy one Laptop VPN, which can only be used on a single device. Also, make sure your VPN is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android and IOS operating systems.
- Anonymity: Sometimes you need to keep your identity anonymous on online platforms. It is used for security and many other reasons including online marketing, web scraping, business strategy, geo-restriction circumvention, etc. Hence, Make sure your VPN offers anonymity.
- Emergency switch: Most VPNs these days have a standard kill switch feature. A kill switch provides additional protection for your devices by breaking the connection between your Internet service provider and your VPN server if an error occurs. It’s a great feature that you shouldn’t overlook when buying a laptop VPN. Often times, people are unaware of this amazing feature or simply assume that it comes by default in every VPN. Avoid what most people do wrong.
- Pricing: Price plays an important role when deciding whether to buy a new product or service. The same goes for buying a VPN. There are many paid and free VPNs to choose from in the market. While most paid VPNs have a limited trial period after which you have to pay for the service, free VPNs are absolutely free. Hence, it is better to look for cheap VPNs or good free VPNs like Urban VPN before buying.
- High security: Most people use VPNs to get extra security while using the internet or to use public WiFi hotspots. In addition, VPNs protect your device from unwanted and suspicious ads, hackers, and destructive malware. In addition, your data remains encrypted and your online activities remain safe and hidden. Hence, it is incredibly important to look for a laptop VPN that is not only sophisticated but also offers high security.
- Unlimited bandwidth: The unlimited bandwidth ensures faster data encryption. A VPN with limited bandwidth can result in slow data encryption. A VPN with unlimited bandwidth is therefore an additional benefit that a VPN service provider can offer its users.
- Customer service: What if you are having trouble installing your new VPN? Or if you have further questions about your VPN server? In such situations, you seek customer support. Having a good customer support team to solve your problems and answer your questions is one of the most important things to consider before choosing a VPN. Some VPN service providers like Urban VPN offer 24/7 customer support. You can also search for user ratings and reviews to learn more about how responsive the customer support of your chosen VPN is.
- Video streaming: Many people, especially the younger generation, use VPNs to bypass restrictions on their favorite video streaming sites like Netflix or Hulu. Hence, it is wise to check whether or not the VPN you are looking to buy offers an unlimited or restriction-free video streaming option.
All of the above are helpful in choosing a great laptop VPN. We hope these points will help you choose your next laptop VPN. Good luck!