Goal achieved for Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg’s company has just announced that “ Facebook companies have not emitted any greenhouse gas emissions since 2020 The company now wants to go further and is striving for CO2 neutrality for the entire value chain by 2030. These measures apply to suppliers and business activities such as travel and employee travel.
In a statement, the tech giant said it had invested $ 8 billion in building 63 new wind and solar power plants: ” These projects support tens of thousands of jobs during construction when solar panels and wind turbines are installed on site, as well as along the global solar panel and wind turbine manufacturing supply chain. “”
Apple aims to be CO2 neutral by 2030
In fact, most of the big technology companies have made efforts to combat climate change. According to a report published by BloombergNEF, Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft are among the largest buyers of renewable energy. The numbers are very impressive and over the past twelve years these companies have bought back a lot of clean energy equivalent to the energy capacity of countries like Vietnam or Poland.
For its part, Apple announced last year that it would strive for carbon neutrality in all activities by 2030. To achieve this, the apple brand will reduce its emissions by 75%, while the remaining 25% will come from carbon capture solutions. Investments in forests are particularly preferred by the recently announced Cupertino company a restoration fund of $ 200 million for this purpose. Apple’s efforts were even praised by a Greepeace report recently. The environmental NGO highlighted the company’s efforts in the field of renewable energies.
The big tech companies definitely have an interest in trading. It is well known that data center cooling expenses can grow exponentially due to rising temperatures.