Prepare for one Freaky Record the body-swap movie that only Blumhouse, makers of Happy death anniversary & The purge Franchise, Might Bring: A young girl changes bodies with a relentless serial killer! From the deliciously exhausted mind of screenwriter Christopher Landon (Happy death anniversary, the Paranormal activity Franchise) and prolific horror producer Jason Blum (Halloween, The purge Franchise), comes a horror comedy about a stalker, a high school senior, and the brutal truth about high school survival, available on digital January 26th and Blu-ray and DVD on February 9th.
FreakyOne of the biggest horror films of 2020, The Killer Switch Edition continues the fun and fear with exclusive bonus content including deleted scenes, a behind-the-scenes look at how the film was made, and feature commentary with co-writer / director Christopher Landon . With an 83% “fresh” score on Rotten Tomatoes and critical praise for Vaughn and Newton, Vaughn won a Critics Choice Super Award for best actor in a horror film.
High school graduate Millie (Kathryn Newton, Blockers, HBOs Big little lies) just tries to survive being the unpopular kid when she becomes The Butcher’s (Vince Vaughn, Wedding crashers, Retreat of the couples) next goal. Their fateful encounter becomes twisted and wakes up in each other’s bodies. Millie now looks like a towering psychopath and learns that she only has 24 hours to reverse the curse and get her body back before the switch becomes permanent and she is forever trapped in the shape of a middle-aged madman. With the help of her friends, Nyla (Celeste O’Connor, Ghostbusters: Afterlife), ultra-fabulous Joshua (Misha Osherovich, The goldfinch) and her crush Booker (Uriah Shelton, Enter the Warrior Gate) -Millie runs against the clock to reverse the curse while The Butcher discovers that a teenage girl is the perfect cover for a homecoming rampage.
- Freaky Bonus features on Blu-ray, DVD and digital:
- Deleted scenes
- The butcher helps
- Charlene hears a rumor
- Late for the party
- Shared personalities: Millie vs. The Butcher – Two opposing characters. A killer chemistry! Go behind the scenes and see how Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton worked together to bring these two very different characters to life and how they created different personal traits for each. This piece will focus on the magnetism between Vaughn and Newton, and how that chemistry increases the stakes for two characters stuck in such an odd situation.
- Crafting the Kills – This feature takes viewers to the “Wood Shop” set to see how all the different elements and departments come together to create an extraordinary kill that fans will be talking about for years to come. We’ll also discuss the inspiration behind this bilateral halving, what makes it both fun and terrifying, and how it’s different from anything you’ve seen in other horror films.
- Christopher Landon’s Brand of Horror – Mixing horror and comedy is a difficult task that not many can accomplish, but Christopher Landon has proven time and again that he is uniquely good at it. Freaky is no different. Learn how Christopher’s vision re-energized the concept and stepped up the story while creating a fun and skilled work environment. This behind-the-scenes look at how he combines humor and gore gives fans a deep understanding of why a Christopher Landon movie is a genre of its own.
- Final Girl Reframed – The concept of a “final girl” is nothing new in the horror genre. Millie isn’t your typical final girl, however. We take a closer look at all the paths Freaky takes your genre expectations and smashes them.
- Feature comment co-written / directed by Christopher Landon
Pre-order Freaky now, available on Blu-ray, DVD and digital.
Subjects: Freaky, Blumhouse